Monday, October 4, 2010

Healthy and delish!

My body finally reached its red meat consumption limit. Today it was desperately crying to be fed some greens so this evening I prepared a spinach soup recipe I've been been meaning to try for a while. The result was so tasty I just had to share it with you.

Spinach & Yoghurt Soup

350-400 Grams Spinach, cut 1" apart
1 small Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Oil/Butter
1 tbsp Flour (I ended up putting 2 tbsp for 4 cups of stock)
4 cups Chicken stock (Didn't have chicken stock so I used beef, 2 cubes)
1 cup Yogurt
1 Egg, beaten
Salt to taste

1) In a pot, soften onions in oil/butter.

2) Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add spinach. Saute over medium heat until spinach juice evaporates.

3) Add water/stock and salt. Boil, then slowly add flour. Once it boils, simmer for about 10-15 minutes over low-medium heat.

4) Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes. It's very important to wait 10-15 mins because the yogurt (added in next step) will spoil if the soup is too hot.

5) Beat egg, add yogurt and whisk together. Stir slowly into spinach mixture and serve.

I tried to take a picture of the prep process but I didn't have the luxury of time because the whole time my darling angel was pulling on my pants for me to hurry. One of these days I'll get around to posting a professional cooking blog with beautiful before and after pictures. Until then here's a decent photo of what the soup should look like in the end. Bon apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Why hello there familiar face =) It was delish, you should try it, ingriedients are minimal. noah loved it so much he had 2 bowls of it!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...