Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Repurposed Furniture

I have a thing for side tables with metal frames. I like the industrial-chic look and the juxtaposition of the warm wood and the metal. Also the streamlined design helps make any small space appear larger which is just what I need for our multi-purpose living room!

Crate and Barrel Atacama Side Table

Crate and Barrel Frame Side Table

West Elm Framed Side Table
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this style of side table in any of the furniture stores here. So I decided to reuse our old IKEA Lack side table to create a similar look.
We unscrewed the legs of the table, and handed the top surface to a metal shop for them to build the metal frame. I drew a quick sketch of how I wanted the metal portion to look, I hope they're able to create it exactly as I envisioned. I thought the job would take at least a week so you can imagine my excitment when they told us it would be ready by tomorrow! If this little project is a success I'm going to have them build a similar frame for a dining table.

Here are cute pictures of my two men taking the table apart. Noah looks so serious in the first pic and I got a good chuckle out of the second photo where he's bossing his Poppa around.




Check back in a few days to see how our family project turns out!

UPDATE: If you want to see the final result click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...