Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Repurposed Furniture

I have a thing for side tables with metal frames. I like the industrial-chic look and the juxtaposition of the warm wood and the metal. Also the streamlined design helps make any small space appear larger which is just what I need for our multi-purpose living room!

Crate and Barrel Atacama Side Table

Crate and Barrel Frame Side Table

West Elm Framed Side Table
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this style of side table in any of the furniture stores here. So I decided to reuse our old IKEA Lack side table to create a similar look.
We unscrewed the legs of the table, and handed the top surface to a metal shop for them to build the metal frame. I drew a quick sketch of how I wanted the metal portion to look, I hope they're able to create it exactly as I envisioned. I thought the job would take at least a week so you can imagine my excitment when they told us it would be ready by tomorrow! If this little project is a success I'm going to have them build a similar frame for a dining table.

Here are cute pictures of my two men taking the table apart. Noah looks so serious in the first pic and I got a good chuckle out of the second photo where he's bossing his Poppa around.




Check back in a few days to see how our family project turns out!

UPDATE: If you want to see the final result click here.

2 comments:

  1. WE OFFER LOAN FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR EVERYONE APPLY NOW
    Do you need a Loan?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
    I think you have come to the right place.
    We offer Loans at low interest rate.
    Interested people should please contact us on
    For immediate response to your application, Kindly
    reply to this emails below only.
    Whats app +918256953815
    firstfinance000@gmail.com
    Please, do provide us with the Following information if interested.

    1) Full Name:………
    2) Gender:………
    3) Loan Amount Needed:………
    4) Loan Duration:………
    5) Country:………
    6) Home Address:………
    7) Mobile Number:………
    8)Monthly Income:…………………
    9)Occupation:………………………
    )Which site did you here about us…………………

    Thanks and Best Regards.
    firstfinance000@gmail.com
    +918256953815

    ReplyDelete


  2. DO YOU NEED A LOAN, OR YOU WANT TO REFINANCE YOUR HOME, PAY OFF BILLS, EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS WITH 3% INTEREST RATE? LOOK NO FURTHER CONTACT Via:Email: rooseveltduncan74@gmail.com Call or add us on what's app +44-7424223395

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...